It’s time to start researching your Medicare Options
I know that September seems early but if you want to really know what your options are regarding your health care, this is the time to start.
Here are 7 Steps to take to get the most for your health insurance money.
- Sit down and make a list of your prescriptions, health issues, and health issues you are at risk of having because they run in your family.
- Pull out your policy and see if there have been any changes since last year. Be particularly attentive to prescriptions. The “formulary” changes often.
- If you have a computer, go online and see what other options are available. In my opinion, it’s better to start your research without the input of an insurance agent. Every agent has a vested interest in selling you insurance.
- After you have made some comparisons, sit down and look over what kinds of health care needs you have, and which policies cover your needs best. Don’t think about the cost of premiums at this stage.
- NOW contact an insurance agent. You have done your homework and know what the premiums, deductibles, and co-pays are. So, the insurance agent may be able to get you a reduced rate. If not, you know EXACTLY what will be covered and how much any procedure or illness will cost you.
- Budget the health insurance premium into your monthly, quarterly, or yearly expenses. Most insurances will charge a small fee for monthly or quarterly payments. Be sure and ask the agent so you can be prepared.
- I highly recommend automating your payment if monthly. Make your bank responsible for writing the check to the insurance company. Just be sure you have the funds in your account to cover the premium.
You are done with health insurance for another year. Doesn’t that feel like a weight off your shoulders? You also have the peace of mind knowing you have gotten the best health care insurance for your situation. Now go have a great life.